Alexa Integration (US HVAC)

So @yojuan 's post was super helpful and got me in the right direction and everything works fine, even with the “ONE” specs. (Not sure how to link the post but easily searchable on the forum)

Since Alexa needed that “Mode” thing I expanded something workable in the rules and wondering if someone did something similar/better.

rule “Mode Change”

when

Item Mode changed

then

switch(Mode.state){

case 0:{

MainSwitch.sendCommand("OFF");

}

case 1:{

if (CoolingMode.state == "ON"){

CoolingMode.sendCommand("OFF");

}

HeatingMode.sendCommand("ON");

}

case 2:{

if (HeatingMode.state == "ON") {

HeatingMode.sendCommand("OFF");

}

CoolingMode.sendCommand("ON");

}

case 3:{

HeatingMode.sendCommand("ON");

CoolingMode.sendCommand("ON");

}

}

end

Now I can tell Alexa to “Turn Heat On” and the proper mode will be turned on. I still have not programmed backwards compatibility (ie physically turning on heat at the pi will switch the mode).

1 Like

Nice work! Here’s the original thread How to connect your HestiaPi to Amazon Alexa

I cannot get Alexa integration to work for me. I followed @yojuan 's post and added @blase116 's mode. Alexa connects and shows the min and max, but when I change the numbers nothing happens on the hestiapi. When I ask Alexa to change the temp she replies: “Auto is keeping the temperature between 63 and 67 degrees”. Any pointers?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.