Controlling a 110V Swamp Cooler AND a 24V heater

Hello!

I’m really interested in the HestiaPi project, but my house has two different systems in place: a 110V swamp cooler and a very old 24V heater. I know very little about electronics, but I was wondering if it would be possible to use two different types of relay with a HestiaPi so that I could control both with just one thermostat.

Has anyone tried this or does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

It is not easy to “guess” without knowing the actual wiring of your house but I believe it is possible to add an extra set or relays to isolate the difference of the voltages.
So you can power HestiaPi with 110V and control the 110V cooler. Then connect the heating pins to an additional set of relays (I suppose 2-3 relays) to allow the 110V signal from the HestiaPi relay trigger at a second stage the 24V circuit.
An authorised electrician needs to double check if my assumption applies and is safe for your house obviously :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the response! It definitely gives me a good few ideas where to start. I know a few electricians that could help out, too. :slight_smile:

There are electrical diagrams further down the campaign page they could consult.