In the next week we are planning on releasing an MQTT based communication release for the HestiaPi Touch version. This will allow all of these:
The local sensor to talk MQTT to the broker (server)
The broker to be located either locally (default) or remotely on another machine or even over the internet
The broker to easily accept data from any other sensor (client) like in your case
If this helps a bit let me know. I am sorry about the case. I keep my HestiaPi uncased too and the winter is indeed coming so I am in a rush as well to close this very long dragging milestone for the project.
Sorry for the short answer, I was on my cell… and I HATE typing on that! LOL
The new version sounds like it may make things MUCH easier on my end. Just learning JS so it’s been a struggle and at times I do get in over my head this is clearly one of those times… Everyone keeps telling me “Oh that’s easy”… well it’s been a lot of things…easy not being one of them.
I don’t want to give up on this so I will wait!!!
Again no need to apologize about the case situation I know you want it to be right so you do what you need to do!!
The MQTT is a major change so it was a good excuse to update the rest of the software too (OH 2.2) as there were some cool features waiting. What happened after the update was a nightmare though so we are still adapting the rest of the system for all the bits to work together in the new versions. Should be ready in a few days…
Upgrading AND installing MQTT has been too much for my available time right now.
I tried instead only the MQTT and it worked flawlessly with internal and external MQTT server.
Internal means all messages are received from HestiaPi itself.
External means you can have another machine on the network (local or internet) receiving and processing the messages.
In your case you can have the MagicMirror run the server and receive all messages there (and have HestiaPi subscribed to you to hear about changes) or subscribe MagicMirror to the MQTT server running locally inside HestiaPi.
Either way, as I really want to add the update too in that release, give me a couple of days from next week. If I can’t get the update install properly, I’ll release an new image with MQTT only and the update can wait.
Good news! We split the 2 tasks of MQTT and upgrading to latest stable version (2.1) and we just finished each separate.
In the next 1-2 days we will put everything together and test the integration is solid with no spin-off bugs introduced.
Expect a major release within the week.
Testing complete and we are very happy! MQTT is changing the scene here enabling lots of new cool stuff to be added.
If you don’t hear from us within the weekend its because the 4GB file is hard to upload from our home line so wait for the Monday upload.