I have been running HestiaPi v1.1 for a bit with success on my US version kit ordered from the store. When I update to v1.2 none of the relays are turned on by the system. As a software developer I know this bug report is incredibly vague but really that is all there is to it. I will try to go into a bit more detail below.
How I reproduce from my running v1.1 system:
- Close all apps and browsers that access HestiaPi
- SSH into Pi and sudo shutdown
- Turn 24v AC off at the furnace
- Remove SD card and use Raspberry Pi imager to flash v1.2
- Place SD card into Pi
- Turn on 24v AC
- Use the Pi’s wifi network to give the wifi password when requested
- Wait 1 hour
- Use the OpenHab app to connect to the pi and attempt to turn on heat
At this point the everything looks normal. I see the temperature and humidity and they are correct. The UI turns orange like it is heating. However I get zero volts at the heat and fan relays. The heat icon does not slowly fade in and out as it did in v1.1 but I don’t know if that feature was removed. If I repeat the process except install 1.1 again it goes back to working. Then I can follow the steps as written again and the issue persists. I have done this cycle 4 or 5 times so I really don’t think this could be a hardware issue.
I would still consider myself a beginner at Raspberry Pi, HestiaPi, and OpenHab so I am not sure how to go about troubleshooting this. Please let me know if you have any ideas or if there is any additional information I could gather or tests I could run.
Some more information that shouldn’t be relevant:
- I damaged my original PCB so I am using one I ordered from China using the gerbers on the github
- I am using my own Pi zero w not one from the HestiaPi store
- My microSD card is 32 GB