New HestiaPi US user

Video is done. Adding some wiring diagrams, mechanical drawings and some more graphics to describe what it does and how it does it in the best way (and avoid questions :wink: )

Thanks for the update. So I guess we could see the crowd funding campaign by the end of the week.

It’s official!
Launch date: Tuesday 7th of May 10 AM PDT
Very limited early bird orders (I think 20)!

I just purchase the HestiaPi Touch Kit – Saver the purpose was use it in the US as my HVAC. Heat and air conditioning. Do I have everything I need I chose this kit because I already had a Pi zero 0 already. We are talking about doing a Youtube video for the assembly and setup and I would like to make sure we have everything to make this work. Please let me know if I need other parts.

How many contacts do you want to control? The “HestiaPi Touch Kit – Saver” has 2 relays, so 2 contacts in total.

Damn I didn’t received the forum notification mail. Can’t wait!

Added the time above (10 AM PDT)

I need 3 based on what I am seeing. I need one for heat, one for AC, and One For Fan. Do I just need another relay? Also can I use the C wire to power the thermostat? Thanks for the help

Yes you need another relay but it won’t fit the PCB I am afraid. The C wire provides 24V AC while the PSU you got supports only 100-240V AC. The HVAC model offered in the crowdfunding campaign offers both of these features.

Well that’s great so now I don’t have what I need so the Youtube video is not going to be worth while. Wish I knew that before I order. Can I just get the parts I need? I can’t us what I have.

Any Suggestion other that buying another whole kit. Things can never be easy.

You would need to solder 3 wires between the existing PCB and something like this:

If this is something you can handle and you can confirm it will fit in your setup, I will double check and recommend the right part. Just a warning: We haven’t done this modification before. Our boards so far have been HVAC or EU versions which are incompatible with each other