Portable Remote Sensor Thermostat

I see on the crowdsupply page that a portable remote sensor thermostat was originally schedule for a 2019 Q3 release. It seems that timeline did not work out, but has there been any progress towards this?

Well, we have a functional prototype but we got too busy to document and release it properly on GitHub. We expect this to happen within 2019 once the campaign units are delivered though.

That’s good news but my cat won’t be happy if I don’t have heat until January (my thermostat is in a worthless location). I found a thread back in February where you agreed to send details to interested persons. Could I get those?

Although the actual additional hardware may seem the hardest bit (which is what we tested) the integration with the HestiaPi UI is in fact the most complicated and will be based on the UI developed these days.

Darn. I hate to give my money to Honeywell.

the integration with the HestiaPi UI is in fact the most complicated and will be based on the UI developed these days.

I also was very interested in this feature. I built up a wemos D1mini board with a DHT22 I had laying around. It can read temp/humid and do mqtt. I was tempted to start tearing into the HestiaPi UI to add support for it, but it would take me some time to grok it all, so I completely agree with this comment.

Is a ESP8266+DHT22 somewhere in the neighborhood of the hardware you were thinking of for a remote sensor?

Looking forward to that feature, let me know if there’s anything I could do to help.

Pretty much although we don’t trust DHT for repeated readings. We will stick with our BME.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 23 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.