V1.2 - 2nd-stage heating

I have 2nd stage heating enabled to kick in when the temperature drops 4 degrees below the set point. Last night was an especially cold winter night and the heat pump could not keep up. It ran for hours but the 2nd stage never clicked on. Has anyone else experienced problems with 2nd stage? Tips on where to debug?

It may be too late now but if you have the logs from that time period it would be helpful.

I can reproduce the issue. Which log file are you looking for?

Sorry, I didn’t get a notification of your reply. :frowning: I need to check back here more often.

Anyway, I’d like events.log and openhab.log from immediately before, during and for a little bit after to track the Items states and what the rules say they are doing.

I haven’t had a chance to ssh into the pi yet (I don’t have it on the network) but I can tell you how I reproduce the issue. If I cut the thermostat heating on, then bump the target temperature up so that there is a +/- temperature difference enough for 2nd-stage heating to cut on (say 4F) the 2nd stage does not cut on. It will, however, cut on if I turn off heating and turn it back on so that the 4F temperature difference is recognized when the heating cuts on and the heating rules are initially invoked.

I would be interested to know if anyone else can reproduce the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.