@HestiaPi I’ve kicked off a new build which will pull in your git commit.
I. Can you confirm that the chip on the back of your LCD has “2046 H1526” printed on it? I’d like to see if I can find some way to reproduce the issue so we can see if there’s a way to get a unified config that works for everyone. It may be unlikely, but I’m still interested in solving it. Failing that, maybe we can make it easy to patch.
II. Can you confirm that you are not seeing the boost countdown like I’m seeing on my pi? I want to make sure I didn’t misundersand and have it be an issue where the countdown occurs but the heat doesn’t shut off after 10 minutes or something like that.
@jrtaylor71’ I am able to reproduce all of your findings. In my experience they do not interfere with the normal operation of the thermostat, but they are areas for improvement.
A. I’ve verified that running kiosk-xinit.sh in the background does not cause any problems. I’ll put this in the next round of changes.
B. I can see turnkey is still running as well. I checked and after the setup process I see that
cat /home/pi/scripts/raspberry-pi-turnkey/status.json says the status is “connected”, which is what I would expect. When I traced through the code, I see that this is behaving as designed (but not as expected, IMO). If you look near the bottom of
/home/pi/scripts/raspberry-pi-turnkey/startup.py, you’ll see a
while True: time.sleep(60000).
My guess is that the author is concerned about
startup.sh taking a long time to execute and if
startup.py (which is the parent process) exits, it might kill the children. I can patch around that by having
I also see an attempt to reach out to a server run by Google, which is going to fail on any environment where the thermostat is blocked from reaching out to the internet. It’s a completely useless call, as it supposedly determines the IP address, which it then does nothing with. I’ll likely remove that as well.
C. I don’t think we need avahi-daemon, bluetooth, ModemManager, alsa-state, or alsa-restore. I will disable them in my next round of changes.
Thank you both for testing and providing the feedback! I’ll get these things fixed and post back here when I have an updated image ready for the next (and hopefully final) round of testing.