Hestiapi Display Cover Idea

So after seeing some threads on brightness being too bright, and myself having the same issue, I took some/a lot/maybe a little too much time working on an idea. This was my first print with the idea and a simple prototype.

The screen itself is one layer (0.2 mm high) and is able to be seen through. I tested a few different layer heights along with trying with white but ended up with black with 0.2 mm height as it seemed to be the best. I have to do a little more work on the mounting brackets and find a better way to print it as i had to use a scraper to remove from the glass plate which ended up putting a few holes in the thin screen.

Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free.

What about sticking a thin film between the screen and the inside cover so the outside of the case stays unmodified? Or am I missing something?
https://www.amazon.com/Dim-It-Light-Dimming-Sheets/dp/B006R0VWSG/

Yeah, that had crossed my mind. This may have been more of a project to learn Freecad for myself :slight_smile:

Well that’s a good enough answer for me! :smiley: I think most of us here wouldn’t have gotten into this project if we didn’t enjoy tinkering to a degree.

One thing I like about your design that could be very practical is mounting a piece of plexiglass instead of a screen to prevent kids from tampering with the temperature or breaking the touchscreen running through the hallway.

Very nice idea! :clap:

Kids don’t do that… :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

As requested from @hestia_hacker, here is the link to the thingiverse model for those who would be interested. Note it could probably use some fine tuning on the tolerances but as it stands, will still work fine.